Latest news from Ellieville -
We are thanking the Lord that Ellie has not had any apnea episodes since this morning. Her wonderful hospice nurse Lynn came to see her and confirmed that she does now have something going on in her lungs.
Our pediatrician has given us a nebulizer to use and we are alternating breathing treatments, feedings and oxygen. She is also on antibiotics for the possible infection, and continues to run a temp which we are controlling via Tylenol.
She looks great and is comfortable, which we are so thankful for.
Medically our team doesn’t really know what to think of her, which I think is characteristic for kids with Trisomy 18. It is hard to pin down the why of what is going on with them.
But I do know the “Who” that has been using our sweet little girl for His purposes and keeping her with us for right now and in this minute. I am so thankful for the Lord who has shown His grace and mercy in our lives once again.
Specific prayers -
- For Ellie to live!
- That Ellie would continue to breathe on her own, grow stronger and be able to increase her intake of food.
- For her lungs to clear up completely and that we would not have to have her admitted to the hospital.
- That the temperature was caused by an infection and not brain damage from lack of oxygen.
- That any infection would be completely cured.
- Teamwork in our home.
- For our night to be smooth and very uneventful.
Thank you so much for your prayers. Praising God for each of you.
Chris and Charlotte